Eben is adjusting beautifully to Bode...this didn't happen right away as our lives were filled with tantrums, testing, and defiance for just a short time after the arrival of Bode, but now he really seems to kind of love his brother. One of Eben's first words when waking up is almost always "Bo-DEE!" - sometimes I hear it on the monitor before even going in to get him. If we aren't in the same room as Bode, Eben asks about him. If I leave the house to put Eben in his car seat first, Eben looks over at Bode saying his name as if he is wondering why we aren't taking him with. Eben is constantly wanting to give Bode his paci, even if Bode clearly is not interested and if Bode is crying during a bath, Eben cries too and says "All done, all done!"- and it honestly seems like it is out of empathy. The brotherly love is starting...in small ways.
Eben loves these straws...
...and he thought Bode would love them too.
Eben also likes to stick his finger in Bode's ear...
Honestly though, so far, having two littles is going very well. Sure, it helps that Eben sleeps 12-14 hours a night and takes a 2-3 hour nap so I have a lot of time to spend cuddling with Bode. Also, Bode is a super chill baby so far so anytime we go anywhere he either sleeps or sits there contently...literally only cries when he is hungry or taking a bath. I am just crossing my fingers that he stays this way.
Does Bode sleep well? Sure, he sleeps off and on all day still, but for some reason at night he spends a lot of time grunting...haven't figured out why yet...I think it's gas, but not sure. So, sleeping at night for me is quite broken but I am trying different things to see if they help him out.
Life is good and I feel blessed.
















So sweet! I think they are going to be good buds once Bode is mobile!
ReplyDelete